Monkstown Clean up
Great work from our Senior Cup Team yesterday. They were out cleaning up Monsktown Village, They cleared nearly 100 bags of leaves and rubbish from the streets, making Monkstown a much nicer place for all residents and visitors over Christmas. Well done lads.
Rowing Marathon in aid of CMRF Crumlin
On Wednesday December 19th, a number of CBC Present / Past Pupils and Staff took part in an Indoor Rowing Marathon in the Dundrum Town Centre. In total the participants rowed over 360km in the 9 hours on 4 rowing machines.
It was great to see pupils, past and present and teachers including Mr. Corcoran, Mr. Ferguson, Mr. Brennan and our Principal Mr. Duffy working hard for this great cause.
Thank you to all those who supported and helped raise over €7,500 for the CMRF Crumlin.
Lunchbox Meal Deal
You can now sign up for the Lunchbox meal deal for January and February.
Sign up on VSware here
Transition Year Work Experience
As our Transition Year pupils embark on work experience after Christmas, most work places will require a letter from our insurance company.
We are waiting on an updated later showing cover for next year, but the letter for 2018 is available here.
Thanks to all the participants and visitors at the Advent Service last night in the hall. A great evening of celebration and carol singing in the lead up to the birth of Jesus on Christmas Day.
Special thanks to Mr. Rooney and Mr. Ó'hAnnagáin for the fabulous music, singers and choir preparation. Thanks also to Ms. O'Toole and her pupils for the great Christmas fair which was a huge success.
Information for Students and Parents on Christmas Exams 2018
This year's Christmas exams will take place from Friday 14th to Friday 21st of December.
All the normal school rules, including the wearing of the full uniform will apply during the exam period. In addition, the following details are important for students and parents to bear in mind during the exam period:
1. Students are to be in their exam centres 15 minutes before their exam is due to begin. This is 8.30am in the morning.
2. Students will not be allowed leave the exam centre to go to the toilet during the exams.
3. Students are not to bring phones or smart watches into the exam centres. Phones found in the centres will be confiscated and returned at the end of the exams on Thursday 20th. Phones should be left at home, in their lockers or in school bags outside the exam centre.
4. Students should not bring water bottles into the exam centres.
5. Any talking or disruptive behaviour will result in a student being immediately removed from the centre and may lead to the cancellation of all their exams.
6. Students should have all the equipment/materials (maths tables, calculators, drawing sets, pens, pencils etc) needed for the exam with them. They will not be allowed to borrow from other students.
7. Students are permitted to bring their own watch or clock with them into the exam centre, as they make not be able to see the clock in the centre from their seat.
Students who are absent from exams due to illness during the week of exams are permitted to sit them on Friday 21st. Alternatively, students make ask for a copy of the exam that they may complete at home over the holidays which should then be given to their teachers when they return to school in January.
Mounttown Road Upper,
01 - 2805854